The 2020 edition of the 3-music awards scheme came off successfully at the Fantasy Dome-Trade Fare, Accra with Sarkodie dominating the night with 4 awards as Kofi Kinaata wins song of the year.
The virtual event which was held on various social media platforms and TV brought a whole different experience to patrons on Saturday, which saw no audience in attendance due to the COVID-19 outbreak in the country which has resulted in a banned on all social gatherings by the President, Nana Addo Dankquah Akkofu-Addo.
However, special acceptance speeches were made through live video conferences while others were prerecorded for a live telecast.
Rapper, Sarkodie was the man of the night winning 4 awards including, Collaboration of the Year, Male Act of the Year, Rapper of the Year while his fanbase picks up Fan Army of the Year award.
Meanwhile, Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Things Fall Apart’ won him two awards including the biggest of the night thus, Highlife Song of the Year and Song of the Year whereas Fameye won breakthrough of the year after missing out on other categories with his hit song ‘Notin I Get’.
In the dancehall category, Stonebwoy beat rival Shatta Wale to win the Dancehall Act of the year, the Shatta Movement boss, on the other hand, won Digital Act of the Year to his credit.
Full list Below
- Group of the Year – DopeNation
- Digital Act of the Year – Shatta Wale
- Reggae/Dancehall Song of the Year – J. Derobie (Poverty)
- Producer of the Year – MOG Beatz
- Viral Song of The Year – Kawula Biov (Daavi Ne Ba)
- Gospel Song of the Year – Celestine Donkor (Agbebolo)
- Gospel Act of the Year – Diana Hamilton
- Hiplife Song of the Year – Quamina MP (Amanfuor Girls)
- Best Female Vocal Performance – Efya (Saara)
- Best Male Vocal Performance – KiDi (Fakye Me)
- Fan Army of the Year – SarkNation
- Hip-hop Song of the Year – Kofi Mole (Don’t Be Late)
- Next Rated Act – Sooreiba
- Hiplife /Hip-hop Act of the Year – Sarkodie
- Male Act of the Year – Sarkodie
- Best Collaboration of the Year – Sarkodie ft. Efya (Saara)
- Highlife Act of the Year – Kuami Eugene
- Outstanding Achievement Awards – Reggie Rockstone, Dennis Tawiah & Ewurama Badu
- African Act of the Year – Teni
- Breakthrough Act of the Year – Fameye
- DJ of the Year – DJ Vyrusky
- Female of the Year – Diana Hamilton
- Highlife Song of the Year – Kofi Kinaata (Things Fall Apart)
- Album of the Year – Okyeame Kwame (Made In Ghana)
- Music Video of the Year – Amaarae
- Life Performer of the Year – Samini
- Best Rap Performance – Sarkodie (Who Da Man)
- Afrobeats/Afropop Song of the Year – Kelvyn Boy (Mea)
- Song of the Year – Kofi Kinaata (Things Fall Apart)